Thursday, June 10, 2010

Avocado Shake (say what?)

I swear it's good! It's thought of as a fruit throughout most of Asia and they think we're bizarre for eating it as if it's a vegetable ;) So if you want to know how to get avocados into your baby (or yourself & you're tired of guacomole) try this little concoction. You'll probably want to thin it out a little if serving to a toddler, by adding more rice or soy milk (unless of course you're going the ice cream route). The hubby got the recipe out of the owner from THE BEST veggie asian restaurant we used to go to in L.A. (now closed :(

Pretta, pretta good if I say so myself.




Avocado Shake

16 oz Rice or soy milk (and I haven't tried yet but I bet almond milk would be just as good)
1 avocado
2 scoops (or to taste) of Soy dream vanilla
brown sugar or agave (to taste)