Friday, September 2, 2011

Farah's Date Bars





This dessert recipe was given to me from one of my best friends mom, Farah. She was born and raised in Tehran, so she knows her dates better than most people! I'm so in love with dates and this is so rich, I can only have a little slice at a time (they're that divine!). Farah recommended I drink with tea, and I agree. So have a little tea party and enjoy~


Date bars

-1 package of date paste (they sell this at any persian market, it's just dates & oil (you can also make your own date paste by food processing pit-less dates (maybe about a cup) and just enough veggie/safflower or canola oil to form a thick, moldable paste).
-chopped walnuts (a small handful)
-coconut oil

Over low heat mix date paste with tsp of coconut oil at a time, just enough to be able to mix together. It should be the consistency of play-doh. Then add walnuts and stir. Take off heat and place on plate. Mold to desired shape and refrigerate.